The teachers and staff at Eumundi State School are committed to maximising the potential of each individual child and to the fostering of an enthusiastic attitude towards lifelong learning.
We have a number of distinctive features that are reflected in our teaching strategies that the teachers use throughout the school
At Eumundi our teachers
- have a clear and in depth understanding of the Australian Curriculum and its intent,
- develop units of work and assessment pieces collaboratively using key human resources and an understanding of student needs,
- sequence learning activities and teaching strategies to promote the attributes of a lifelong learner,
- plan for differentiation to ensure all children can access and engage in the curriculum,
- report accurately to parents reflecting each child’s standard against the Australian Curriculum achievement standards.
Our approach to teaching and learning includes
- Targeted teaching focusing on literacy/numeracy knowledge, skills and processes; student needs and progress; and the provision of programs for those students requiring additional support and extension
- High expectations for academic excellence, behaviour, bookwork and homework; following the school’s Responsible Behaviour Plan for Students; and expecting that all students work to the best of their ability to achieve success
- Engaged learning that also recognises the importance of fun and enjoyment as being an important part of learning; incorporates Technologies and a STEM/STEAM approach to enhance student-learning outcomes; and actively encourage students to participate in extra curricular activities including sport, The Arts and permaculture
- Intentionally inviting environments that invite students to come and learn every day; are well organised, colourful and interesting; welcomes parents, support staff and administration to participate in classrooms; and promotes inclusive education principles and indigenous perspectives.