Student Services and Support Programs
At Eumundi State School we recognise that, for a variety of reasons, students may require some level of support in one or more areas whilst attending this school.
Eumundi State School provides the following student support services:
· Speech Language
· Learning Support
· Disabilities Support
· Prep – 3 Connect Program
· Extension maths
· Extension writing
The Referral Process
1. A referral can be made by staff, teachers or parents.
2. Referral forms are available from the main office.
3. Referrals are presented at Student Support Team Meetings (SSTM) held fortnightly.
4. Parents are notified of the recommendations made at the SSTM.
5. The person in charge of each of the above support services will follow the recommendations made by the SSTM and liaise with the referred student’s classroom teacher, parent/s and other outside agencies as required.
6. The referred student’s progress will be monitored by the classroom teacher.
7. Parents are encouraged to be involved in this process, making regular appointments with their child’s classroom teacher to discuss their child’s progress.
Learning Support – Support Teacher (Literacy and Numeracy)
At Eumundi State School we recognise that students learn differently and at different rates. For a variety of reasons, a student may require some form of learning support during their primary years. Eumundi has a full time learning support teacher who provides three levels of support.
Level 1: Providing assistance in curriculum and teaching and learning strategies to help teachers cater for the learning needs of all students.
Level 2: Co-teaching and allocating additional support personnel to assist students who continue to have difficulty accessing the year level curriculum.
Level 3: Providing short-term intensive teaching to individual or small groups of students.