CEDAR CLAIMS A WELL DESERVED WIN in the YEAR THREE TO SIX INTER-HOUSE ATHLETICS CARNIVAL
This year’s Year Three to Six Inter House Athletics Carnival was held on Thursday 23 May (with the 200m and 800m events needing to be postponed until Monday 27 May). Students competed extremely well in either ‘Championship’ or ‘Standards’ event.
After a busy day of track and field rotations, Cedar managed a strong victory, edging out second place Banksia house by 11 points, to finish as overall champions for in 2019.Total points results were:
1ST - Cedar = 5392ND - Banksia = 5503RD - Bunya = 4934TH - Wattle = 453
Congratulations to all students who took part on these days – the high level of enthusiasm and sportsmanship displayed during this occasion was fantastic to be a part of! Many thanks as well to all parents, grandparents, families and friends who came to spectate and cheer on Eumundi students. Thank you to all Eumundi staff and our ladies in the tuckshop that helped put the days together, ensuring everything ran as well as can be. Extra special thanks to Mr Robinson for helping to organise and prepare for these events and to Mr Kross for keeping things going on the microphone throughout the day. Again THANK YOU to all the staff members who supervised, measured, marshalled, judged, timed, recorded and encouraged!
2019 ATHLETICS RECORD BREAKERS
Again this year, a number of new track and field records were set by our Year 3 to 6 boys and girls. Overall, a total of six Eumundi records were broken. Congratulations to the following students who have set these new records in 2019:
- 9 years boys – Zachary H (C) recorded 11.83 seconds in the 80m sprint final breaking the previous record of 12.10 seconds set in 2015.
- 11 years girls – Eavan F (BU) recorded 14.30 seconds in the 100m sprint heats breaking the previous record of 14.80 seconds set in 2017.
- 9 years boys – Zachary H (C) recorded 31.63 seconds in the 200m event breaking the previous record of 31.73 seconds set in 2018.
- No new records were set in this event in 2019
- 9 years boys – Zachary H (C) recorded a height of 1.20m breaking the previous record of 1.13m set in 2017.
- 9 years boys – Zachary H (C) recorded a distance of 3.66m breaking the previous record of 3.58m set in 2015.
- 11 years girls – Sarena M (BU) recorded a distance of 9.36m breaking the previous record of 8.78m set in 2017.