Our school P&C held its Annual General Meeting on Tuesday evening with some regular and new faces in attendance. Congratulations to the following parents who have been voted in this year as the Executive Team.
President Nat Brewster
Vice President Ben Lewis
Vice President Nicole Britten
Treasurer Emma Bage
Secretary Nicole Taylor
On behalf of the school I would like to take this opportunity to thank Amy McGann, Julie Hogarth, Chad Hollick and Nat Brewster for their tireless work with the P&C throughout 2019. The team have done a great job of maintaining the P&C's momentum throughout the COVID-19 crisis and we thank each of them for their service to the school community. The work of the team has been focussed on providing upgrades to our school facilities in the form of the new prep play area and the new soft fall below the Year 1 and 2 adventure playground. This work, along with supporting our chaplain and environmental programs, has been a significant benefit for our students. I look forward to working with Nat and her new team for the remainder of 2020 as we begin to get back to regular routines within the school. For new parents to the school I have included some ways that you might like to be more involved with the P&C and its volunteer group. At this time volunteers are unable to attend the school due to COVID-19 restrictions. However, once these restrictions are relaxed, it would be great to see more parents involved in the P&C and volunteer groups.
Volunteers are an essential and hugely valuable asset to our school. Parents and community members can volunteer in a number of ways to assist with the progress and development of our learners.
Volunteers are warmly welcomed in various roles:
· listening to children read one-on-one on a regular basis really makes a difference to the confidence level of the learner
· assisting teachers who always appreciate an extra hand - from helping prepare resources, to helping in small learner groups or individual learners
· assisting the convenors in the tuckshop who can't operate without volunteers, no matter how much or little time you can offer
· being a part of the P&C and having a say in the school's decision-making process
· accompanying classes to excursions and swimming lessons
· sharing a special skill, interest, hobby or profession with the school
· grandparents, retirees, local tertiary students who would like to share their skills or experiences are also welcome to volunteer.
We know how much you have to offer us.
If you would like to volunteer at our school please contact the office and register your interest.
Please note that all volunteers who are not current parents/carers of children presently at the school will require a Blue Card to work with children. A registration form can be picked up from the school office or downloaded from the Bluecard website.
We ask that all volunteers sign in on arrival at the office. This enables us to account for you in case of an emergency/drill.