Hello, my name is Sam Sutherland and I'm lucky enough to have the role of School Chaplain. The students call me Sam, Chappy or Chappy Sam.
The Chaplain in co-operation with other student support staff offers encouragement, asistance and support to students, families and staff through Pastoral Care.
The Chaplain's role is varied and may include:
* Assistance with emotional and spiritual neeeds
* Provides a positive role model
* Facilitates programs that are pro-active in nature that include valuable lessons
on self-worth, anxiety, resilience, friendships, positive communication and
* One on one mentoring
* Practical support for families
* Provides a non-judgemental, non-conditional listening ear
* Promotes a sense of belonging and well-being
* Lunch-time activities
I am available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and every second Friday, if you would like to have a chat, please contact me at the school on 54726333.